IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR INFORMATION REGARDING OUR FOSTER PROGRAM, PLEASE CLICK THIS LINK: FOSTERING FOR SHELBY HUMANE
Thank you for your interest in our volunteer program! We are glad you want to join our life-saving team! At the Shelby Humane Society, we want our volunteers to FEEL their impact on our organization. We will always need *dog walkers, and *cat socializers, but we are trying to build a team of COMMITTED volunteers to assist us in day-to-day operations. That is why we are only asking for help with very specific tasks. We need Adoption Counselors, Offsite Volunteers, Medical Volunteers, Behavior and Enrichment Volunteers, and Woof Pack Volunteers. Until we fill these roles, we will only hold orientations for new volunteers that are wanting to fill these roles. Commitment is required and that is why we are looking for folks who understand this strategy and are willing to help us where we truly need assistance.
*Dog walkers and Cat socializers are still needed, but are NOT required to attend an orientation.
STEPS TO BECOME A VOLUNTEER AT SHS:
- Fill out an application at Shelby Humane or by clicking this link: Volunteer Application and Waiver of Liability.
- You will then receive a confirmation email. The email will tell you the next dates for orientation.
- Orientation will be held on one day a month and for one hour. Dates are subject to change, depending on staff needs or Holidays. The orientation power point presentation can be found here for reference! Shelby Humane Volunteer Orientation
- After attending orientation, please sign up using VicNet for scheduled volunteer opportunities! Click here to get to VicNet! If you are having problem logging into VicNet please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- All volunteers can purchase a $10 volunteer t-shirt (when available) and wear it for the duration of their shift. Regular volunteers will be given an SHS Volunteer Name Badge that can be worn in lieu of the t-shirt.
Make a lasting impression in the lives of hundreds…of dogs! We are building a new and exciting volunteer opportunity called the WOOF PACK! You get to help socialize dogs in more depth, you get to work closely with facility staff and you get some Shelby Humane Society swag! Learn more about the Woof Pack here!
ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS ABOUT VOLUNTEERING? CHECK OUT OUR FAQs below!