Shelby Humane received 5,000 animals last year. These dogs and cats were abandoned on the roadside, surrendered by people who could not care for them, or rescued from situations too cruel to describe. This is the work that defines most humane societies, and Shelby Humane has rescued and protected animals in this way for more than 40 years. Shelby Humane is also focused on solving problems that have a social and financial impact on our community.
- Shelby Spay Neuter has been solving a severe animal overpopulation problem in Alabama since 2008 – a problem caused by pet owners who are either irresponsible or not aware that Shelby Humane has provided thousands of low cost spay/neuter surgeries to the public. The 5,000 animals received by Shelby Humane last year represents a 30% reduction in the number received just eight years ago.
- We provide at least six low cost clinics each year, offering vaccinations and microchipping for people that can’t afford regular veterinary care. Veterinarians in our community have been an important part of helping promote a healthy animal population.
- Shelby Outreach provides education and resources to rural communities so families can keep their pets rather than surrender them to us.
- Our transport program sends more than 800 rescued dogs to partner humane societies in Northern states, and assists smaller animal welfare organizations to join us in this effort.
- Shelby Humane is leading a statewide effort to develop a pet evacuation plan from coastal communities by partnering with the American Red Cross, Alabama Emergency Management Agency, Alabama Department of Agriculture, and veterinarians in Montgomery and Birmingham.
- Shelby SafePet removes barriers that prevent victims of domestic violence from leaving an abusive home because they’re afraid of what might happen to their pets.
Shelby Humane continues to be a leader in animal welfare on issues that affect people and animals in Shelby County and throughout the Southeast. Please support this important work by making a gift today. We also work with individuals and businesses to establish planned gifts including will bequests and charitable trusts, fundraising events at your home or business, and corporate sponsorships. Contact David Arias with any questions (205) 669-3916 or email@example.com.
- Find out if your employer matches donations made by employees. Your gift could double in value!
- Consider honoring and remembering loved ones with tribute gift.
- Make a difference on your wedding day by donating to Shelby Humane in honor of your guests.
- Be a fundraising star! Create a personal donation for page Shelby Humane and publish on your social networking sites and email to your friends and family.
- Help us meet our supply needs by donating items from our wish list or holding a supply drive.
- Say ‘no thanks’ to birthday presents…you’d prefer donations be made to Shelby Humane instead.
- Support Shelby Humane when shopping online or through one of our partner programs.
For every green jug of Cat’s Pride® Fresh & Light® bought, Cat’s Pride will donate a pound of litter to help shelter cats across the country. Head over to Catspride.com/litterforgood today and nominate Shelby Humane Society to receive free litter – the more nominations, the more litter we are eligible to receive!
- Best Friends of Shelby Humane Society (Volunteer fundraising board that meets monthly)
- Board of Directors
- Become a sponsor of our annual events such as Bark & Wine or Bark in the Park
For more information on how you can help our homeless pets, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.