Shelby Humane received 5,000 animals last year. These dogs and cats were abandoned on the roadside, surrendered by people who could not care for them, or rescued from situations too cruel to describe. This is the work that defines most humane societies, and Shelby Humane has rescued and protected animals in this way for more than 40 years.
One of our most important projects has been solving a severe animal overpopulation problem in Alabama – a problem caused by pet owners who are either irresponsible or not aware that Shelby Humane has provided thousands of low cost spay/neuter surgeries to the public. The 5,000 animals received by Shelby Humane last year represents a 30% reduction in the number received just eight years ago. Shelby Humane is focused on solving problems that have a social and financial impact on our community.
What if Shelby Humane could provide education and resources to rural communities so families could keep their pets rather than surrender them to us? What if we used our transport program to assist smaller animal welfare organizations send rescued dogs to partner humane societies in northern states? What if we partnered with the American Red Cross to develop an emergency sheltering plan for Alabama? What if we could remove barriers that keep victims of domestic violence in an abusive home because they’re afraid of what might happen to their pets? These are the questions we asked, and the problems Shelby Humane is now solving in our community and throughout Alabama.
Please support this important work by making a gift today. We also work with individuals and families to establish planned gifts including will bequests and charitable trusts. Contact David Arias with any questions (205) 669-3916 or email@example.com.
- Find out if your employer matches donations made by employees. Your gift could double in value!
- Consider honoring and remembering loved ones with tribute gift.
- Make a difference on your wedding day by donating to Shelby Humane in honor of your guests.
- Be a fundraising star! Create a personal donation page Shelby Humane and publish on your social networking sites and email to your friends and family.
- Help us meet our supply needs by donating items from our wish list or holding supply drive.
- Say ‘no thanks’ to birthday presents…you’d prefer donations be made to Shelby Humane instead.
- Support Shelby Humane when shopping online or through one of our partner programs.
- Best Friends of Shelby Humane Society (Volunteer fundraising board that meets monthly)
- Board of Directors
- Become a sponsor of our annual events such as Bark & Wine or Bark in the Park
For more information on how you can help our homeless pets, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.