Tues: Noon – 5:30 pm
Wed: Noon – 5:30 pm
Thur: Noon – 5:30 pm
Fri: Noon – 5:30 pm
Sat: 12 pm – 4 pm
Sun: 1 pm – 4 pm
*PLEASE NOTE: The adoption process can take up to 30 minutes. Depending on the volume of adopters we may have to stop adoptions 30 minutes before close. Potential adopters who visit us less than 30 minutes from close may have to return the next adoption day to complete an adoption.*
Questions about adoption? Many of the questions you may have can be answered in our Adoption FAQs section.
Looking for adoptable dogs? <——- CLICK HERE
Looking for adoptable cats? <——- CLICK HERE
Many of the pets you see here may still be in a stray hold. The best way to learn about our available pets is to visit the Humane Society in person during adoption and viewing hours.
With 200-350 adoptable pets in our care at any given time, we are confident that we have a cat or dog that will make the perfect addition to your family.
Before adding a new pet, please consider the following questions:
- Do you have space for the animal?
- Does everyone in your home want a new pet?
- Will you have plenty of time to spend with your pet?
- Can you afford vet visits and yearly check-ups?
- Have you considered the potential that an animal may damage furniture or carpet?
- Are you allowed to have a pet in your condo, apartment, or rental property?
- Who will care for your pet when you are out of town?
- Are you willing to care for an animal for the rest of its life?
If you read through those questions and are prepared for the commitment of pet ownership, we are prepared to help you find the newest addition to your family!
Please come visit our shelter during our adoption hours listed above, or at our offsite adoption opportunities at:
- PetSmart 280 (every 2nd Saturday of the month)
- PetSmart Alabaster (every 4th Saturday of the month)
- Hollywood Feed of Hoover (every 2nd Saturday of the month on ODD MONTHS).
You can fill out our online adoption application! No need to await approval from adoption staff; feel free to visit us during adoption hours. We’ll have your application ready!
DID YOU KNOW??
When you adopt an adult dog or puppy from SHS, you qualify to receive 4 weeks of specialized training for JUST $50! This offer is due in part to our incredible partnership with Roverchase in Pelham! Click here for more information on the Roverchase Training Offer!
DID YOU RECENTLY ADOPT? YOU CAN VIEW OUR NEW ADOPTER HANDOUTS BY CLICKING THE LINKS BELOW!
SO YOU ADOPTED A SHELTER DOG:
SO YOU ADOPTED A SHELTER CAT: