About this event:
Did you know that Shelby Humane received 406 neonate kittens and puppies in 2017?
What is a neonate? Neonates are kittens or puppies that are TOO YOUNG to be without a mother. (6 weeks of age or younger)
Why are these babies at an increased risk in an animal shelter?
- They are TOO YOUNG to be spayed or neutered, which means they are too young to be adopted!
- Their immune systems are weak, which can lead them to develop illness much faster than pets that are over the age of 6 weeks. Even with treatment, neonate animals are more likely to die from illness.
Kitten & Puppy Season is just around the corner, we need YOUR help to save as many precious lives as possible!
Join us for our Kitten & Puppy Shower!
- Wet & Dry Puppy & Kitten Food
- POWDERED Kitten & Puppy Milk-Replacement Formula
- Puppy Pads
- Neonate Bottles for Animals (please no human baby bottles)
- Electric Heating Pads