Please note our inventory changes daily based on intake and outcomes and many pets available for adoption are not listed here.
Visit our shelter to see ALL available pets. Viewing and Adoption hours listed on our Home page.
To learn more about a pet you see on this page, email our Adoptions Desk and list the pet’s name and ID number in the subject line. Or complete our <!––>online adoption questionnaire. One of our adoptions staff will get back with you ASAP! (Adoption staff work Tuesday through Sunday–if completed on an off day, please allow time to respond.)
Standard adoption fees for kittens (6 months and younger) are $60 and adults $35. Adoption fees help us to recover a small portion of expenses associated with each pet. All pets are current on age appropriate vaccines, de-wormed, microchipped, heartworm tested – applicable to those kitties 6 months and over, other medical care as needed and sterilized.
Thanks to the generous support of our vet community the following clinics offer a free health exam on adopted pets from Shelby Humane Society (you will receive a certificate after adopting):
- North Shelby Animal Clinic – (205) 620-3636
- Alabaster Animal Clinic – (205) 663-6530
- Pelham Animal Clinic – (205) 663-2577
- VetCare of Calera – (205) 668-4233
- Animal House – (205) 672-3550
- Calera Animal Hospital- (205) 668-2300
- Gardendale Pet Clinic – (205) 631-9636
- Total Pet Care Hospital – (205) 655-3991
- Galleria Animal Clinic, LLC – (205)987-7297
- Oak View Animal Hospital – (205) 988-3559
- Chelsea Animal Hospital – (205) 678-8895
- Cahaba Mountain Brook Animal Clinic – (205) 967-6759
- Vestavia Animal Clinic – (205) 823-7485
- Main Street Animal Clinic – (205) 655-0065
- Lake Crest Animal Clinic – (205) 403-4003
- Shelbiana Animal Clinic – (205) 669-7717
- Advanced Veterinary Care – (205) 823-5433
- 280 Animal Medical Center – (205) 678-8253
- Montevallo Animal Clinic – (205) 665-4625
- Valleydale Animal Clinic – (205) 991-5416
- Patton Chapel Animal Clinic – (205) 822-4779
Did you know that we ensure every pet has been spayed or neutered before going home with their new family? Surgery fees are $50 on average and are not covered by the adoption fee; instead, Shelby Humane Society relies on our generous donors to help. With a sponsorship of just $50 you can join in our life saving mission. Click the “Donate Now” button above to sponsor a surgery today!